lauantai 8. syyskuuta 2018

Oil trap and block heater

2018-07-01:

It's always nice when you get to attach clean parts. Originally I intended to do without the block heater, but since I couldn't easily source a plug for its hole I decided to mount it back. It does seem to work also! I'm not so sure about the 30-year old gasket though... At least I did coat it with the mighty Hylomar M, which is the blue stuff you can see on many gaskets of this build... I can totally recommend the stuff, most often it seems to do magic for small oil or coolant leaks.





I couldn't find anything to screw into the big threaded hole in the bellhousing near the block coolant draining plug. Somebody told me that the hole is there for an RPM sensor for cars without "modern" injection system like the one this car has - Bosch LH2.2, which reads the engine RPM from a Hall sensor in the distributor.

The coolant draining plug by the way was filled with horrible gunk - I hope there are no other such nasty surprises in the cooling system...

It takes so much time to find parts in the garage shelves and then clean them... Luckily I have never been very enthusiastic about fully restoring parts, which would be even more time consuming! Somewhat worn but totally functional original stuff is good enough for me.



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti